Wednesday, April 1, 2009

gaining a little extra square footage

Spring is here (and hopefully the sun will be soon, too) and that means it is time to gain a little extra square footage with an outdoor room. I've been scouring the internet and all my catalogs that arrive daily for my favorite new outdoor furnishings.

Today I came across the Ballard Indoor/Outdoor Curtains at Ballard Designs. They are made of Sunbrella fabric and have coordinating umbrellas, outdoor pillows and more. Why not snag a pair for the interiors as well? I just love a vibrant curtain and some 2" grommets to hang them up by.

I certainly wish I had the room for IKEA's new summer seating collection ARHOLMA. I love that just like so many other IKEA products it is modular. The cushions only come in white, but add a few pillows and have a great splash of color or why not get yardage of Sunbrella fabric from Ballard Designs (only $20 a yard... what a steal!) and make new colorful covers. Maybe I can convince the parents to get a seating group for their place in Tahoe. Now, wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: