Wednesday, June 17, 2009

west elm is workin'

Not only has West Elm recently opened a beautiful 'green' store in Emeryville, California with low VOC paint, a living roof sporting an integrated irrigation system and reclaimed wood flooring, but they have also introduced a number of new products to their line that I have falling head over heals in love with.
I have been on the hunt for a desk for quite some time. As an interior designer I am very picky and know what I want (most of the time) and when it comes to my workspace I am even pickier. I know I want something in a lighter wood with character such as a rift cut oak, clean, simple lines, a flat top with room to layout large floor plans and a drawer to stash a few pens and my wireless keyboard when I need a clear desktop. Well, I think I have finally found it. West Elm's Sawhorse Worktable appears to meet all my needs, wants and wishes. Hopefully before this year is up the desk will find a new home in my home.

Okay, now I have to touch on something else since it's also in the photos above, the Scoop-Back chair has grown-up and is now available in three gorgeous colors of luxe pebbled leather. I'm not sure that it would be the most comfortable of desk chairs, but it sure looks good with the Sawhorse Worktable. Guess I'll still be on the hunt for a desk chair, but I'm sure I could find a home for the Scoop-Back chair in leather.

No comments: