Tuesday, May 5, 2009

for sale: audrey kawasaki's "my dishonest heart"

A few months ago I stumbled upon an Audrey Kawasaki piece somewhere online and have since been in love. Her website describes her work as:
The themes in Audrey Kawasaki's work are contradictions within themselves. Her work is both innocent and erotic. Each subject is attractive yet disturbing. Audrey's precise technical style is at once influenced by both manga comics and Art Nouveau. Her sharp graphic imagery is combined with the natural grain of the wood panels she paints on, bringing an unexpected warmth to enigmatic subject matter.

Every now and then one of her amazing pieces is made available to purchase and this coming Saturday, May 9th at 12 pm Pacific time is one of them. There will only be 150 of the 200 signed and numbered "My Dishonest Heart" prints available. One of them could find its way into your home for $100 unframed or $235 framed. Just make sure to register by creating an account if your would like to be one of the lucky 150 to own "My Dishonest Heart."
Just to share a bit more of her brilliance, here are a few of my favorites.
Oil and graphite on wood 24x17
'Innocents' @ Lineage Gallery
2007
Two Sisters
oil and graphite on wood 24"x28.5
'Kakurenbou' @ Mondo Bizzarro
2008
Ishiki
Oil on Wood 8.5x6.5
Four Dreams - Compound Gallery
2006

You can also check out her journal here.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oooohh! I like! I really love "As I Fall" and "Reconcile" too.

melissa @ den design studio said...

NO!!!! Thanks to spending the last 3 days completely devoted to finishing my semester projects I totally forgot to try and get my print and now they are 'SOLD OUT.' I'm sure I'll be just as happy with the next print that is selected to be sold.