Tuesday, March 24, 2009

my personal style

So, my most recent assignment in school was to create a materials/concept board of my personal style. Being an internet interior design junkie I was well prepared for this assignment because I tend to save every image of a space or item I enjoy for one reason or another. I often like I have a much easier time designing for others than I do for myself and I think I have found the problem. I always ask them to collect images of spaces and things that speak to them aesthetically and I never do that for myself. Sure, I have hundreds of images I've collected, but I've never really put them together and looked at them as a whole. After this assignment I actually feel a little more prepared to finish up my new apartment.

Check out some of these items at:
Nelson Saucer Pendants - DWR
das eames print - Blue Art Studio
Love Birds Pillow - Ferm Living
Nelson Sunburst Clock - DWR
McCartney Chair - John Charles Designs by American Leather
Eames Molded Plastic Armchair - DWR
Lucian in Lime - Pindler & Pindler, Inc.
Lush 1/2x2 Big Sur Blend by Modwalls
Cross Credenza - DWR
Eames Molded Plywood Chair, LCW - DWR
Lush 2x2 Thick Blend New Leaf - Modwalls
painting by Audrey Kawasaki
Retro Alarm Clock by Twemco - revivehome.com
Cirque hand-painted wallpaper - SJW Studios, Inc.

No comments: