Wednesday, June 23, 2010

if i were a golden girl

It's officially summer and for me that means sunshine (please), crisp white linens and cheery colors. Yesterday I reacquainted myself with Somerset Bay, a furniture manufacturer out of High Point, North Carolina that makes me want summer to last forever.  Now, when I think of sunshine and summer I think of Florida and when I think of Florida I think of The Golden Girls, the four (Dorothy, Blanche, Rose & Sophia) best friends any lady could ever wish for. So, if I could ever get my hands and creative mind on the home of those four wonderful women, this is what it would look like with a little help from Somerset Bay.

Summerland Key Bed
Islamorada Chest
Cohasset Double Pedestal Table & Elliot Key Chairs

And as any fan of The Golden Girls knows, it's not a home if it doesn't have some large, palm leafy wallpaper on the walls.

Cole and Son Palm Leaves Wallpaper via Sunset

How does summer change your idea of home and design?

No comments: