Wednesday, February 17, 2010

it's a gray area

My dad and past design colleagues have always teased me for being so in love with gray and any color "with gray in it." Gray always seems to get a bum rap but I find it to be a soft, unique and calming neutral that allows any color to become both vibrant and sophisticated when paired with it. Here are a few wonderful spaces that have embraced the brilliance of gray.

You also can't go wrong bringing in strong graphic punches of black and white as gray is simply a result of the two coming together in the first place.

One of my favorite color pairings is that of gray and yellow. I love how the cheery yellow pops softly off the neutral gray creating an elegant, sophisticated combination.

photos courtesy of flickr.com

How does gray make you feel? What's your favorite color combo with gray?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just on BHG.com the other day, and they featured a "Decorating with Gray" portfolio. I was really intrigued by the orange/gray combo in these designs!

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/neutrals/decorating-with-gray/?page=1

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/neutrals/decorating-with-gray/?page=2

Posted by: Natalie Collins